Pages

Friday 27 April 2012

A Break in the Day

The weather has turned cool and nasty. We will no doubt have nothing but rain and clouds for the next 5 days, so if I am a bit MIA its because we are low on power. Yesterday was rather cool but at least it wasn't raining and about midway through the day I suggested we take a break and go for a quad ride.

It seems like ever since we brought the herd home we have been very busy building this and that for them as well as modifying our barn so it was time for a bit of a break. Besides, I had been wanting to try again to find the owls nest I knew had to be around somewhere.  We were in luck! The nest was not in it's usual place but I'm so glad we found it.



She was a little perturbed by us bothering her but she didn't fly away and I was able to get some great pictures. I am so hoping there will be at least on little one to take pictures of in the near future. I know I shouldn't be so excited about owls when they are terrible chicken stealers but I simply can't help myself. We do have another owl, of a completely different type which I have seen hunting quite often lately. He swoops low and skims the ground so tight and slow you would think he wouldn't be able to stay up in the air. I'm hoping to have the opportunity to capture his picture soon. It is so amazing to watch him hunt. He is much larger and I imagine his wing span is close to 3 feet. 

After our lovely outing it was time to head back to the homestead do the milking. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Glo,

    Beautiful owl pictures. Sometimes it just nice to get out into mother nature, relax and let the world go by. Congrat again on the goats. Are you going to make goat cheese in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy! Yes, of course! We love cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...