Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Taking a Brief Hiatus... maybe... sorta...

Sorry for leaving you in suspense wondering where I was and when I was coming back. (You were wondering right? Or is that just my overactive imagination at work again?)

My unexpected trip turned out to be very fruitful and we are now in possession of a "newer" car. One which gets approximately 900 km (559 miles) or more per fill up. I can't tell you how excited I am about that! Fuel prices continue to rise and spending $20 every time we needed to make a trip into town was killing our budget.

Now that I am back however, my poor garden is looking rather overrun and I am in full blown "prepare for winter" mode. Along with all the other farm chores I am slightly (insert quite) overrun on a daily basis and my list of things which must be done now keeps getting longer. This has given me quite a dilemma. I spend at least 1.5 to 2 hours daily on my blog and FB page. This is time a really don't have to spare right now.... sigh....

In order to keep my sanity (although many will say that left me a long time ago) I will be scaling back my time writing and concentrating on my garden and winter prep for the next little while. I'm NOT going away! Just have to get everything done before it freezes!

We started our first fire of the season in our wood stove last night. While it was wonderful to feel the heat and listen to the fire crackle I also felt sad that this wonderful summer has come to a close. Fall is now in full swing and the geese flying overhead are urging me to hurry ever faster to stack the wood in the woodshed and bring in the harvest.


Please be patient! I will post as often as I have time. 

12 comments:

  1. I've learned a thing or two from your blogs and little discoveries. You've even inspired me to be more domestic! (Don't tell anyone). So get your chores done and please come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obama is hiding a secret that has just came out. This is breaking news and effects you.
      www.tinyurl.com/nfkejwe

      Delete
  2. I TOTALLY understand about your garden dilemma and the rush to prepare for winter. We went away for 6 days and returned to rotting tomatoes in the garden! Congratulations on your new-to-you car! There will be plenty of time for blogging later, take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glo,

    Nice to see you back! Congratulations on your new car find, I hope it helps with cutting expenses with gas. We understand that you have a homestead to run, and a husband to take care of. There are so many things that must be completed before the nights end, and before winter and the snow arrives. Right now everyday life keeps you very busy and that is okay and to be expected. I will look forward to when you have time to make posts. Besides, I will be cutting back my time as well. Take care of yourself, and I look forward to reading updates in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blogs. I felt the same way about summer coming to an end. I decided if I was focusing too much on the winter I was not enjoying today. (that's just me)
    My husband & I are looking into going off the grid in a few years. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your brake and getting things done before the freeze! You will be missed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful blog! I wonder if your anywhere near me everything sounds so similar! Im in PG BC
    Cheers~
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really missing you each day. Hope you are staying warm & well. Hope to see you back here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try only filling your tank a 3rd full this will reduce the money you waste transporting fuel that's not required.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying all is safe and sound at your place. Sure miss your posts.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replace the use of fossil fuels with solar energy. To know more about solar off grid click on the following link
    Click here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...