Pages

Friday 25 May 2012

Sunshine! Ahhh...... What a lovely sight!

Last night when the sun went down it was still snowing and the temperature was dropping. So, not nice! I fully expected by the time we woke up we would have a snow covered ground.


Thankfully, when we woke up this morning the sun was out. What a difference 12 hours makes. Wow! So excited to have sunshine!


The forecast says the rain may come back on Sunday but I have decided to think only good thoughts and to enjoy these next two days of sunshine. Now if only I can leave out some of my inside chores today and spend the day outside. Hmmm.....  We don't really need sweets for the weekend do we?

I would love to get back out in the garden today! Just before the rain/snow started I was able to get a few rows of veggies planted and would love to plant more. Since we plan on living almost exclusively off what we grow/raise here planting and good weather are extremely important. For the last few years I have had a lot of difficulty with the garden. The soil needed fertilizer and I didn't have a tiller. Although one of the neighbors was kind enough to till the soil for me, it was still difficult to work and I had no way of tilling in any manure. 

This year things are much different! Mountain Man insisted on purchasing me a good tiller so I would be able to finally have a decent garden. I wonder how many women would like a garden tiller for an anniversary present? Ummm...  Pick me! 


There she sits! The ground is too wet today to till or plant but maybe by Wednesday if the forecasters are wrong. Until then my lonely rows that are planted will just have to be all by themselves.


Raspberries planted and Saskatoon's waiting for a spot to go.


Two rows of Yukon Gold potato's planted. Mountain Man ran into a sale the other day and happened to pick up WAY more seed potato's than we need for just us (9 boxes!) but I figure I will plant them all and maybe sell a few of them this fall. 

Well, I'm off to see what I can accomplish today! Have a fantastic weekend everyone! 







1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Glo,

    I hope the ground is more welcoming this morning. This way you can use your new tiller and plant your seeds. By the way Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...