Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2012

A Rainy Day and a Big Hello

We woke up this morning to overcast and dreary sky's which promise rain all day but nothing can diminish my spirits. I am content. In truth I am more than content, I am blissfully happy. This spring has been one of the busiest and yet most fulfilling of my life. I can't put a finger on any one thing that has made me this way, it is rather a combination of so many things. A wonderful piece of land in the middle of a quiet part of the country, the abundant green of the fields and trees, the goats in the pasture and chicks in the pen, the singing of the birds, my garden finally planted despite the horrible rains we have had and an amazing man to share it with. All these things and many more add up to one very happy country girl.

Sigh.... Moments like this always give me a bit of a fright as I wonder how long it can possibly last. Experience has taught that trials can come without warning but, for the first time in my life, I am learning to relax and just enjoy the moment. Tomorrow will take care of itself but days like this don't last forever. I am going to enjoy the day. Clean a bit, putter here and there, maybe read a book and mostly just bask in my contentment. I don't often take days like this but today is perfect for it.

One other little thing that has me smiling is a few newly hatched babies in our outhouse. (I'm still laughing at where momma bird made her nest)

I finally snapped a picture of momma bird yesterday. Still not sure exactly what she is.

Found these on the floor and decided to investigate. They are no bigger than my fingernail, probably about the size of a dime.

Now if that isn't the cutest face I don't know what is! Looks like there are at least two of them.

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog and I LOVE it! Can't wait to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...